Blogging...
I've started a blog. A few of my friends have one and it seemed liked an interesting thing to get into.
Most people start of their first blog by saying " I've never written one and I hope people enjoy it" or "I'm writing this blog to talk about life", but for me it's really not about who is going to read it or what I really have to offer the world. It's actually somewhat of a diary for me. I remember writing down many things, like for example when I was on exchange I kept a dairy to remember everyday as I experienced it, but diaries and journals are getting expensive and way to fancy for me and I'm a little lazy to write it out by hand... and typing is faster and neater than writing anyway.
But if there are people out there reading I might as well give you a little history and stories.
First I want to tell you why my blog is orange. It is a strange colour and I know most people have their blogs splashed with their favourite colours that usually end up to be blues, purples or reds, or they get real fancy and add photo backgrounds. My colour was chosen not because it's my favourite colour but because I was born on a Thursday, so was my husband, and coincidentally my baby Luke. This may sound a little weird to westerners, and maybe even a few others, but in Thai belief every day has a colour, and ours happened to be Orange.
Next is how I met my husband. I went to Thailand as an exchange student, and as every other exchange student I was put in a rather small town. (well when I say "small" I mean in comparison to other cities in Thailand, Ubon has about 1 million people.) But anyway, in Ubon I had three and a half host families. When I mean "half" I mean the one that rescued my from a horrible host family. But coincidentally they were the ones that became my in-laws. I met Top, my husband, about 3 weeks into my exchange. He was getting into trouble by Rotary for bringing an exchange student to school before they were enrolled. The exchange student, Lance, later became one of my closest friends and my sons "Godfather" we'll say. A few months later Top and I began to date. We "fell in love" I guess you could say by the time I had to go home. After finishing my year at my tiny Meaford high school I decided I would go back to study University. We continued dating and well somehow got pregnant in my third year. We decided to keep the baby after long talks about our options, got married and made a life for ourselves in Canada.
I realize it's quite a quick overview of my life but I decided in order to keep the blog going I would write the in betweener stories one by one :)
No comments:
Post a Comment